Service books determine which services are available on your BlackBerry® device. At times, the service books become corrupt and will cause the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) to fail upon synchronizing updates of PIM data such as Calendar or Address Book entries. These issues are frequently resolved by deleting and resending the service books to the device. Please have the user delete all service books starting with the “Desktop” from their Blackberry device.
To delete the service books from the Blackberry take the following steps:
- In the device Settings > Options > Advanced Options.
- Click Service Books and highlight a service book.
- Press the Menu key, click Delete & confirm Delete.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Device> Advanced System Settings > Service Book.
- Highlight service book and Press the Menu key
- Click Delete & confirm Delete.
BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Smartphones - BlackBerry Bold Series - 7.1: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/38289/1593346.jsp
- On the home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Book.
- Highlight a service book.
- Press the key.
- To accept a service book, click Accept.
- To delete a service book, click Delete.
- To restore a service book, click Undelete.