- Portfolio pages can be created with the help of page templates
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Panel (Dashboard).
- Click the Pages tab
- Click the Add New tab
- Type in your page name, for example Portfolio page
- Select your page template ( Portfolio 1 column, Portfolio 2 columns, Portfolio 3 columns or Portfolio 4 columns in the Page Attributes drop-down menu)
- The following custom fields are available for Portfolio page template:
- page-desc – page description
- category-include – name of the category that is displayed on this Portfolio page. You need to use the slug of the category here.
- With that done, click the Publish button
Note: Please do not post any content to the editor field if you use one of the pages templates.
Please note, portfolio page templates and portfolio custom post type may have different names, e.g.: Gallery, Services, Project etc.